About the series
Please join the Human-Environment and Geographical Sciences Program to discuss questions about the program with the program directors.
Office hours will take place over Zoom, generally on Wednesdays from 4 to 5 p.m. Please see specific dates listed to the right and below and note that times listed are in the Eastern time zone.
To attend office hours, please send an email to HEGSfirstname.lastname@example.org and we will respond with the Zoom link and a 15-minute appointment slot for your 1-on-1 discussion with program officers.
Please include the following information in your email:
- Your name and email address.
- The date of the office hour you'd like to attend.
- The HEGS program deadline when you are considering submitting your proposal.
- A brief description (1-2 sentences) of what you'd like to discuss with the program directors.
- If you need captions or other accommodations, include information about those needs.
- If you would like to discuss whether your research idea fits the scope of HEGS or HEGS-DDRI programs, please attach a concept note to your email, so that we can prepare specific feedback. The concept note should include the following:
- The core research question or objective(s).
- The body of geographical theory the work is building upon – what new knowledge would your work contribute to this theory?
- The broader impacts of the research – how will it engage people and society?
- The methods to be used, data to be collected and the sampling scheme to collect representative data.
- The analysis planned.
For more information about the program, visit the Human-Environment and Geographical Sciences Program page or the Human-Environment and Geographical Sciences Program - Doctoral Dissertation Research Improvement Grants page.