About the series
The NSF’s Convergence Accelerator is hosting Convergence Accelerator Expo 2021, scheduled virtually for July 28 – 29, 2021 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. (ET)
This exciting event highlights the National Science Foundation Convergence Accelerator’s portfolio in an exhibition format, like a big science fair. Attendees will have the opportunity to see unique solutions across multiple convergence research track topics that are focused on national-scale societal challenge.
JOIN US. IT’LL BE WORTH IT.
During the event attendees will have the opportunity to see more than 35 live solution demos focused on national-scale societal challenges, network with other researchers, innovators, and business and technical practitioners from academia, industry, government, non-profit, and other communities; as well as learn about the Convergence Accelerator program.
- Engage 35+ innovative solutions focused on societal impact — Demos are scheduled every 15 minutes
- Expand Your Network — Meet new people outside of your expertise and discipline
- Accelerate Solutions into Practice — Support a funded team in accelerating their solution forward through new partnerships or investment
- Connect with the Convergence Accelerator —Learn about our unique differentiators, meet the team, and ask questions
FEATURED TRACK TOPICS
- Track A: Open Knowledge Networks: Knowledge networks correlate data to create new understandings. The Convergence Accelerator is funding the creation of nonproprietary infrastructure for building Open Knowledge Networks.
- Track B: Future of Work: AI, machine learning, and robotics are shifting the future of work. The Convergence Accelerator is funding solutions to train, reskill, upskill the current and future workforce with industry needs and jobs of the future, as well as build a talent pipeline to stimulate the U.S. workforce.
- Track C: Quantum Technology: Quantum technologies can improve the U.S. industrial base, create jobs, and provide significant progress toward economic and societal needs. The Convergence Accelerator is funding solutions for a diverse set of applications.
- Track D: AI-Driven Data Sharing & Modeling: AI research and development requires access to high-quality datasets and environments, and testing and training resources. The Convergence Accelerator is funding solutions to address data and model-related challenges and data types.
- Special Track—Future of Manufacturing, EcoManufacturing Team: The EcoManufacturing team, funded by the NSF Directorate of Engineering, participated in the Convergence Accelerator’s innovation curriculum to speed their research toward major science advances sustainable manufacturing practices.
- Dates: July 28 – 29, 2021
- Time: 10 a.m. – 4 p.m. ET
- Who Should Attend: Expo 2021 is open to the public and media, with particular interest for researchers, innovators, and tech and business practitioners from academia, industry, government, non-profits, and other communities to attend.
- Registration: To register for Expo 2021 visit, nsf-ca.vfairs.com. Registration is complimentary.
- For questions about Expo 2021, like closed captions support, email Convergence-Accelerator@nsf.gov
ABOUT NSF'S CONVERGENCE ACCELERATOR
Research is often driven by a compelling societal or scientific challenge, but often developing solutions can take years. To deliver tangible solutions that have a nation-wide societal impact and at a faster pace, the NSF launched the Convergence Accelerator program, designed to leverage a convergence approach to transition basic research and discovery into practice. Using innovation processes like human-centered design, user discovery, and team science; and integration of multidisciplinary research and cross-cutting partnerships the Convergence Accelerator is making investments to solve high impact societal challenges through use-inspired convergence research.