About this event
The next Center for Computational Materials Design (CCMD) bi-annual meeting hosted by Penn State at the Penn Stater Conference Center Hotel, State College, Pennsylvania.
The primary goal of the August bi-annual meeting is to:
- Review new proposals developed at the intersection of research project ideas from CCMD members with interests and novel research concepts of CCMD faculty
- Cast votes for projects to be awarded during the 2012-2014 funding cycle
- Highlight currently funded projects presented by graduate students, post-doctoral fellows, and faculty.
The project presentations will provide insight regarding the CCMD's research alignment with the Materials Genome Initiative, for example, as well as serving member interests and long term CCMD goals.
Graduate students will also provide a poster session of their project advances during the reception on Tuesday, August 14th.
Attending the bi-annual meeting is an excellent opportunities to utilize the expertise of CCMD faculty, discuss your organization's objectives and industrial needs, in addition to meeting current CCMD members. A tentative meeting agenda will be forthcoming.
A half-day ESPEI (August 13, 2012): Extensible, Self-optimizing Phase Equilibrium Infrastructure workshop will precede the bi-annual meeting and will be held in Room 119 of the Steidle Building in the Department of Materials Science and Engineering at the University Park Campus on August 13, 2012.
The workshop will include basics of ESPEI and examples including Al-Mg, Al-Zn, Mg-Zn, and Al-Mg-Zn. Lunch will be provided in 116 Steidle Building beginning at 12:00 noon followed by workshop activities from 12:30 p.m. through 6:30 p.m. with intermittent breaks throughout the day.
- The ESPEI workshop will be presented by Drs. ShunLi Shang and Yi Wang.
A block of guestrooms have been reserved at the Penn Stater Conference Center Hotel.
To receive the group rate,
- Please phone the reservation desk at 800-233-7505
- Provide the group code CENH12A
- The hotel reservation deadline is Friday, July 13, 2012