NSF will launch a public awareness campaign, called “I am an NSF Story,” with the aim of spotlighting the broad impact of NSF support through the stories of a diversity of people – scientists, engineers, teachers, students, entrepreneurs, industry leaders, research beneficiaries and others. Through the campaign we will spotlight scientists who have made or are making a significant impact through their NSF-funded research. We will feature people who are benefiting from research or technology developed with NSF funding. We will showcase the many ways in which NSF enhances the lives of real people. We want the American public to know that by investing in ideas and curiosity-driven pursuits, NSF has an unsurpassed history of laying the groundwork for the innovations that have improved our lives, well-being, prosperity and security.
These stories will be featured here on our blog and on our social media.
How can you participate in the campaign?
SHARE YOUR STORIES on social media using the hashtag #NSFstories, through personal or institutional blogs, or other institutional publications like magazines or newsletters.
- Are you a student or did you receive NSF support while you were a student? Tell us how NSF made a difference in your education or training as a scientist or engineer.
- Are you a scientist or engineer who is or has been NSF-funded? Share with us how NSF support allowed you to pursue your curiosity-driven research.
- Are you a STEM educator who’s benefited from NSF support or who’s been recognized as a standout in STEM education (like through the PAEMST program)? Tell us how NSF contributed to your growth or effectiveness as an educator.
- Are you an entrepreneur who’s received NSF capital for your small business or technology? Share how NSF support helped launch your company, or led to additional investments, or provided critical entrepreneurial training.
- Are you an NSF-funded facility, center, research vessel, etc.? Share examples of how sustained NSF funding of academic research infrastructure ensures a pipeline of discoveries decade after decade and serves as training grounds for the STEM workforce.
- Are you an NSF-funded-institution, research center, department or program? Share how NSF funding enabled your launch, the development of your department, and/or its ability to be a fertile research environment in which discoveries were made and learning flourished.
- Are you a society or association that supports scientists and engineers broadly or within a specific discipline? Share stories of how researchers across your disciplines have made an impact with NSF funding.
Want to participate but don’t have a social media account? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with “NSF Story” in the subject line.
SPREAD THE MESSAGE of the campaign by following NSF on social media and sharing our posts.
Latest NSF Stories
BE A BASIC RESEARCH AMBASSADOR through branded educational graphics that can be used on products like coffee cups, water bottles, tote bags and pins and stickers to help educate the public about why basic research matters and how many people it affects. You can download these items below.